Re: [squid-users] my login kept replying with "ERR", is it something to do with squid_ldap_auth.c?

From: Oliver Hookins <ohookins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:36:00 +1100

Yong Bong Fong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble getting pass a login prompt. It just keep giving
> me ERR.
> Somewhere in the archive, i read that Henrik mentioned that we need to
> modifythe "squid_ldap_auth.c file. However I searched through the
> internet and read the instructions about setting up squid_ldap_auth
> hardly anyone mentioned about "squid_ldap_auth.c". I am wondering if my
> login failure is because I missed that part to deal with
> "squid_ldap_auth.c" ?
> where exactly in the directory is squid_ldap_auth.c stored? I canot find
> the file with locate or find command.
>
> I read from the archive someone called Shahin Hacikuliev faced similar
> problem too with his login keep producing ERR. But the replies he got
> was not quite related to his question.
>
> I can bind and search users with ldapsearch without problem, just cannot
> get pass the login prompt after typing in login name and password.
>
> Where are the possible errors of my work?
>
> Thanks all,
>
> regards
> yong

squid_ldap_auth.c is the source file for the squid_ldap_auth helper so
it is in the source tarball. I think it's under helpers/basic_auth/LDAP.
I don't know why you'd need to modify it in any way. I had a look at the
code and I don't dare to touch it even in order to understand how it
works better.

Regards,
Oliver