Re: [squid-users] Setting up SQUID as httpd-accelerator

From: John Poltorak <jp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 20:34:50 +0000

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 03:48:46PM +0100, Elsen Marc wrote:

> > I've spent the last few days trying to set up SQUID as an
> > httpd-accelerator with Apache and haven't got anywhere.
> >
> > Could do with some help...
> >
> > Are there any experts who can explain where I'm going wrong?
> > There seem to
> > be so many pitfalls...
> >

> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-20.html
>
> If insufficient as to help you, then post details as to what goes
> wrong.

I've read this a number of times and am still not clear about what is
required, and only get more confused by section 20.3...

I'm not clear whether Apache should be started using port 80 or port 81.
If it is started on port 80 then Squid won't start will it?

My intention is to have both Squid and Apache on the same host, so should
Squid be set with:- ?

http_port 80

httpd_accel_host virtual
hhtpd_accell_port 81

And Apache with:-

Port 81
Bindaddress 127.0.0.1

Currently Apache is running as a virtual server for several sites and I
can afford to have Apache not running for substantial periods while I
experiment with this. I've tried on another system but have been unable to
connect at all.

--
John