RE: [squid-users] Squid & CARP

From: Scott Phalen <scott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:56:00 -0600

> But what I am seeing
> in my access.log on squid is both squid2 and squid3 are sending queries
back
> to squid1 (causing a loop). How can I tell squid2 and squid3 to not query
> squid1.

squid2 and squid3 should not have any cache_peer directives telling them
to contact squid1.

[Scott Phalen]
The odd thing is, there is no cache_peer or cache_peer_access directive
telling squid2 or squid3 anything about squid1. I have been all over the
configurations trying to figure out why 2 or 3 would send their data back to
squid1. I am seeing "timeout_direct" lines in the access.log of both squid2
and squid3. Could this by why they are querying squid1?

Many thanks!
Scott Phalen