RE: [squid-users] Squid & CARP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:36:20 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Scott Phalen wrote:

> The odd thing is, there is no cache_peer or cache_peer_access directive
> telling squid2 or squid3 anything about squid1. I have been all over the
> configurations trying to figure out why 2 or 3 would send their data back to
> squid1. I am seeing "timeout_direct" lines in the access.log of both squid2
> and squid3. Could this by why they are querying squid1?

Are you sure you are looking into the correct squid.conf on your squid2 &
squid3?

You can only see TIMEOUT_DIRECT in access.log if you have ICP enabled
cache_peer:s defined (cache_peer:s not using the no-query option), and
requests only get forwarded to another peer if there is cache_peer
directives telling so should be done.