RE: [squid-users] Squid & CARP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:02:18 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Scott Phalen wrote:

>>> On squid2 and squid3 I am seeing the timeout_direct message in the
>>> access.log.
>>>
>> Nothing else?
>
> Yes, I am seeing all the normal traffic, just the timeout_direct stood out
> in the access.log.

So what exacly do you see regarding the requested URL when the request
gets forwarded from one of the CARP servers to squid1? Do you see a single
request, or multiplie requests for the same URL?

If you see a single DIRECT entry then you then you most likely have
something in your network intercepting port 80 and forwarding such
requests to squid1, even when the requests are from squid2 or squid3.