RE: [squid-users] Squid & CARP

From: Scott Phalen <scott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:17:29 -0600

So what exacly do you see regarding the requested URL when the request
gets forwarded from one of the CARP servers to squid1? Do you see a single
request, or multiplie requests for the same URL?

If you see a single DIRECT entry then you then you most likely have
something in your network intercepting port 80 and forwarding such
requests to squid1, even when the requests are from squid2 or squid3.

[Scott Phalen]
You are most likely correct in thinking "something" is sending back to
squid1. I will have to talk to my router guys but what I think is happening
is squid2 and squid3 aren't configured in the router to access the internet
directly (the beauty of WCCP and transparent redirection). Thanks a million
for your help! Other than this little issue, did you happen to see anything
else in my configs that may pose issues down the road?

Thanks!
Scott Phalen