[squid-users] squid and long URLs

From: Daniel Graupner <listen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:02:22 +0100

Hi,

i am new to squid and did not find a solution for my problem on the web. I hope you can help me.

I am using squid 2.5 on FreeBSD 5.3, squid is configured to use 1 peer and access a specific
ip-range directly. Everything works fine but I found an annoying behaviour:

I just tried www.ibm.com -> I got a response.
Then I clicked on "Downloads and Drivers"
(http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/us/finders?pg=ddfinder&trac=SU1) and I got a network unreachable
error. Squid did not contact any peer for URLs with queszion marks in it. In my access.log the URL
is cropped to the question mark.

This is a very silly behaviour, why does squid crp URLs. I did not find any options related to that.

Thanks,
Daniel.