RE: [squid-users] Proxy Benchmarks

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:05:24 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> So, in effect, I shouldn't even be thinking about running it on the
> Squid box?

Correct.

> Hmm.. Interesting. if it comes as a Live-CD, it would be even better.

It is not a Live-CD, just a very small FreeBSD which is the version used
at the latest cache bakeoff some years ago for which the Polymix-4
workload were designed.

The good side is that the Polygraph environment setup instructions for the
fourth bakeoff applies 100% to this release, which should allow you to get
started quickly.

When using other OS:es one has to do a bit of reading to figure out how to
get the same operational parameters of the OS

   * TCP tunings
   * Network delay function, to simulate Internet.