[squid-users] Delay Pools

From: Robert Trouchet <Robert.Trouchet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:31:39 +0800

I wish to implement a speed limiter for users in the NT group SLowInternet.
All other users have full speed connections. I do not notice any difference
in speed of the Internet connection using my test SlowInternet account and a
normal account in side by side comparisons in spite of what I thought would
be a serious speed restriction.

The system uses the Windows version of squid and authenticates using ntlm
authentication. I have enclosed part of my squid.conf file below.

acl SlowAccount external NT_global_group SlowInternet

# Lines snipped here

delay_pools 2
delay_class 1 1
delay_class 2 1