RE: [squid-users] Outputting to SYSLOG

From: Stephen <ssha@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:02:08 -0000

Hi John,

Squid will only output fatal messages to Syslog. If you want access/cache log messages sent to syslog, you'll need to do this another way.

If you're doing this on non-windows, non-linux, then please mail me at ssha at henleycol dot ac.uk. I've done a lot of work with Squid on this platform and can get Squid to send log entries to Syslog and/or realtime to any machine on the LAN via a program I've written.

Regards,
Stephen