Re: [squid-users] Minimal caching time squid honors

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:20:49 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Thomas Ristic wrote:

> Am Fr, den 17.12.2004 schrieb Henrik Nordstrom um 19:02:
>
>>> Is there a way to disable this with a configuration directive?
>>
>> No, only by modifying the source. See refresh.c
>
> Thanks for the hint! Does this make sense? Do I get this right?

What you mean?

Not caching objects which expires in less than one minute and which can
not be reused after that as it is impossible to ask the web server if the
object is still valid makes perfect sense to me.

But in some extreme reverse-proxy/accelerator setups the demands may be
different, but I tend to think that even then it is many magnitudes better
to fix the web server to allow revalidation of cached objects.