[squid-users] Re: A problem with the cache server and hotmail

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:36:16 -0500

Luis Duran wrote:

> Lately, some of my users are experiencing problems using their msn
> hotmail account, when they try to go inside hotmail, after
> authentication, they only can see a white page, i didn't believe it
> until i see it with my own eyes. I know it is a Cahe problem 'cause i
> have the same results with the same msn accounts with different
> machines, But if I connect directly without using cache server they can
> reach their mails. Can anyone here bring me some light, please ?

You are definitely not alone - lots of people have been reporting this
problem recently. It seems to only occur using Internet Explorer - with
other browsers Hotmail works fine.

Since Squid doesn't get the occasional random update from the Internet, and
this has only recently been reported, it's probably an update from
Microsoft (via Windows Update) that broke something in IE.

Adam