[squid-users] Re: Hotmail blank page

From: Albert Siersema <appie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:11:41 +0100

Hello IE6/hotmail/transparent squid plagued people,

Albeit not a 'real' solution i've added iptables rules to the firewall to
exclude the following ranges from being redirected to squid transparent
proxying:

207.68.128.0/255.255.192.0
207.68.192.0/255.255.240.0
213.199.144.0/255.255.240.0
65.52.0.0/255.252.0.0
64.4.0.0/255.255.192.0

In my setup this works, that is: clients using msn sites will now request
pages directly from these webservers, they're not being proxied.

I haven't got the time at the moment to see if there's a way for squid
(code) to work around this, apparently, IE bug.
Maybe someone else can write up a squid/IE/whatever patch, sure hope so.

M$ only lists something dating back to 2003 about ntlm and basic
authentication regarding msn sites. I can hardly envision this to be the
reason since the problems started like a couple of days ago.

Cheers,
Albert