Re: [squid-users] How to upgrade Squid 3.0?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:19:58 -0600

Hi Greg,

Please tell me SuSe are not shipping 3.0 binaries!?

3.0 is not labeled STABLE, and thus it is a development release for
developers and knowledgeable end users interested in testing the
development version to help find bugs (of which there are many) and help
get them fixed before it becomes STABLE.

The will be a guide to upgrading when it is time for people who need
that kind of assistance to upgrade. Folks who ought to be using 3.0 at
this point generally have the knowledge to understand the changes
between 2.5 and 3.0.

If you aren't one of those two types of people, I strongly suggest you
stick with the latest 2.5 STABLE version of Squid. We're all eager to
get 3.0 out into wide usage, but it just isn't ready for it yet.