Re: [squid-users] User Authentication

From: Mohammad Shoaib Irtaza <msirtaza@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:34:25 -0500

Ok, I have a helper that
redirects the user to the login page ff:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$|=1;
my %logged_in;

while(<>) {
  if (!defined($logged_in{$_})) {
    $logged_in{$_} = 1;
    print "ERR\n";
  } else {
    print "OK\n";
  }
}

 and in my squid.conf i have the
ff settings:

external_acl_type mynet concurrency=10 ttl=4400 negative_ttl=1 %LOGIN /etc/squid/access.pl
acl mynet external mynet
http_access deny !mynet
deny_info index.php mynet

Can this helper be used to provide squid with the authentication information.
i am still confused on how the helper will transmit the authenticated information
to squid.

Shoaib Irtaza