[squid-users] Squid reject white-space character in HTTP header ?

From: Irfan DP <irfan_dp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 00:52:31 +0700

dear all,

I need some enlightment here, when some of our users accessing internet via WCCPv1 with Squid 2.5 stable7 (installed on freebsd 5.0 smp enabled) to URL: http://www.jeongjihun.com/vod.htm, encountered problem with error message like this on IE6 browser:

ERROR
While trying to process the request:

GET /bbs/zboard.php?id=vod_2004 HTTP/1.0
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
Referer: http://www.jeongjihun.com/vod.htm
Host: jeongjihun.com

The following error was encountered:

Invalid Request
Some aspect of the HTTP Request is invalid. Possible problems:

Missing or unknown request method
Missing URL
Missing HTTP Identifier (HTTP/1.0)
Request is too large
Content-Length missing for POST or PUT requests
Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

I tried with mozilla without cache/proxy squid enabled, going thru that page beautifully...

I checked the access.log seemed to be fine, and the cache.log showed these:
2004/12/27 00:40:41| ctx: enter level 46: 'http://jeongjihun.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=vod_2004'
2004/12/27 00:40:41| WARNING: found whitespace in HTTP header {P3P }

Question:
Any idea to workaround and trick this request ? or it just some typos in HTTP header ?

Thank you.

regards -> irfan dp