Re: [squid-users] Yet another question re ERR_ZERO_SIZE_OBJECT

From: Ken C Sugawara <KENQ@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:05:53 +0900

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote on 2005/01/05 20:23:34:
> Squid should automatically retry the request when this happens.

Henrik, Thanks for your reply. However, I was informed afterwards that my
diagram was incorrect. Corrected diagram looks like this:

Client Squid Load-balancer Server
   | | | |
   |---req---->| | |
   | |------req-------->| |
   | | |<-----FIN-------|
   | | | |

Should squid still retry in this case? My guess is that Squid cannot
distinguish this case from the one where server really returns a
zero-sized reply (therefore should return 503).

As for information you requested, we are trying to obtain it.

Thanks and regards,
Ken Sugawara <kenq@jp.ibm.com>
Linux @ IBM http://www.ibm.com/linux/