Re: [squid-users] Negative

From: Houssam Melhem <hmelhem@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:10:03 +0200

Hi,
i was monitoring squid today and i noticed that the Process Data
Segment Size was increasing and when it reaches more thane 2G cachemgr
started to display negative values

Resource usage for squid:
UP Time:25403.457 seconds
CPU Time:20538.541 seconds
CPU Usage:80.85%
CPU Usage, 5 minute avg:97.66%
CPU Usage, 60 minute avg:96.60%
Process Data Segment Size via sbrk(): -2037196 KB
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0
Memory usage for squid via mallinfo():
Total space in arena: -2037196 KB
Ordinary blocks: -2037695 KB 98 blks
Small blocks: 0 KB 0 blks
Holding blocks: 17176 KB 2 blks
Free Small blocks: 0 KB
Free Ordinary blocks: 498 KB
Total in use: -2020519 KB 100%
Total free: 498 KB 0%
Total size: -2020020 KB
Memory accounted for:
Total accounted: 1991653 KB
memPoolAlloc calls: 338930824
memPoolFree calls: 322167199

why do cachemgr display these negative vaules?

I switched to the cachemgr mem page to see what memory pool has the
bigest amount:
mem_node has 75% impact

is this normal? and what is the mem_node pool?