[squid-users] what is dot

From: BusyBoy <busyboy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:17:09 +0500

hello
 I have some destination domains which I have allowed to localusers
 like this

nasir.com
nasir123.com
nasir123.net
nasirgr8.com
nasirgr8.net

and I have 172.16.0.0/24 pool to allow that only these domains should be opened.

I have put following in my squid.conf

acl nasir src 172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0
acl nasir_locals dstdomain url_regex -i "/usr/local/squid/nasirlocals"

http_access deny nasir !nasir_locals
http_access allow nasir

File: /usr/local/squid/nasirlocals

.nasir.com
.nasir123.com
.nasir123.net
.nasirgr8.com
.nasirgr8.net

------

Now everything works fine,, except that when the user writes
"nasir.com" in the Explorer , the browser never goes anywhere and
stops, but when they write "www.nasir.com" they are given the desired
page.

I tried to put this in my FILE :/usr/local/squid/nasirlocals

nasir.com
nasir123.com
nasir123.net
nasirgr8.com
nasirgr8.net

and after this I was not able to open any subdomain for any of the
above TLD's,neither www.nasir.com nor yahoo.nasir.com

What I want is that I want the users be able to browse any subdomain
of the listen domain TLD's in my file either with subdomain or not.

Also I can't put ".nasir.com" and "nasir.com" in the nasirlocals file
,,a s I get errors of the parent domain when I do "squid -k
reconfigure"

Any idea.?

--
Nasir Mahmood