RE: [squid-users] what is dot

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:04:15 -0900

-----Original Message-----
From: BusyBoy [mailto:busyboy@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 9:17 PM
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] what is dot

> hello
> I have some destination domains which I have allowed to localusers
> like this
>
> nasir.com
> nasir123.com
> nasir123.net
> nasirgr8.com
> nasirgr8.net
>
> and I have 172.16.0.0/24 pool to allow that only these domains should be
opened.

> I have put following in my squid.conf
>

> acl nasir src 172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0
> acl nasir_locals dstdomain url_regex -i "/usr/local/squid/nasirlocals"

I would change the second line to:

  acl nasir_locals dstdomain "/usr/local/squid/nasirlocals"

as you have no need of regular expression matching.

> http_access deny nasir !nasir_locals
> http_access allow nasir

And I would change these lines to:

  http_access allow nasir nasir_locals
  http_access deny nasir

Which will allow the nasir network scope to surf to domains included in the
nasir_locals file, and deny them from surfing anywhere else.

> File: /usr/local/squid/nasirlocals
>

> .nasir.com
> .nasir123.com
> .nasir123.net
> .nasirgr8.com
> .nasirgr8.net
>
> ------

This looks good, if you use just a dstdomain acl.

> Now everything works fine,, except that when the user writes
> "nasir.com" in the Explorer , the browser never goes anywhere and
> stops, but when they write "www.nasir.com" they are given the desired
> page.
>
> I tried to put this in my FILE :/usr/local/squid/nasirlocals
>

> nasir.com
> nasir123.com
> nasir123.net
> nasirgr8.com
> nasirgr8.net
>
> and after this I was not able to open any subdomain for any of the
> above TLD's,neither www.nasir.com nor yahoo.nasir.com
>

> What I want is that I want the users be able to browse any subdomain
> of the listen domain TLD's in my file either with subdomain or not.
>
> Also I can't put ".nasir.com" and "nasir.com" in the nasirlocals file
> ,,a s I get errors of the parent domain when I do "squid -k
> reconfigure"
>
> Any idea.?

For a dstdomain acl, .nasir.com will match both nasir.com and
subdomain.nasir.com.

> --
> Nasir Mahmood
> Systems Administrator.