[squid-users] automatic windows updates

From: Alex Sharaz <A.Sharaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:32:04 +0000

Chaps,

For a long time now I've blocked direct http/s access to the Internet from
out site and forced everyone to go via our web caches. This has been
working just fine until recently when automatic updates stated failing.

Basically, you can check to see if there are any updates and what they are
, but when it comes to actually performing the download of the updates, the
client seems to want access to the update site directly.
We * think* its something to do with the version of auto update that's
running (v5?)
has anyone else seen this happening?

Alex

Sent using Mulberry 3.1.2