[squid-users] Issue with squid-2.5STABLE7

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:00:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
   I am encountering a weird problem with
squid-2.5STABLE7. Squid is configured to be run in the
redirector mode with caching disabled completely. The
system works fine for sometime and later inspite of
the net connection being file, the following error msg
is displayed for all urls :-
   Unable to determine IP address from host name for
www.google.com
   The dns server returned : Timeout
   The cache was not able to resolve the url presented
in the URL. Check if the address is correct.

   But at the same time using host to resolve the url
is working fine. We didn't encounter these problems
with squid-2.5STABLE5 and 6. Is this a known bug in
this version or have we goofed up some configuration?
   Kindly help me resolve this issue asap.
   Regards and TIA,
     Deepa