Re: [squid-users] The location of option file of squid!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:50:17 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Edvino Burton wrote:

> Support a user wanted to install the squid and he asked the squid to
> support "pf" and his squid is 2.5 on 4.10 Box. Becasue "pf" is
> supported on 5.0 and higher boxes, I don't know how can I find the
> location of the option file to stop squid to read ti again when I want
> to install it again. Whenever I wanted to install the squid again it
> is reffering to my first option and tyring to install "pf".

What option file?

How are you installing Squid? There is nothing in the standard Squid
installation procedures that would cause any other software to be
installed.

Guessing from your text above I would think you are using some kind of BSD
derivate (FreeBSD?) and installing Squid from ports, correct? If this is
the case then you should find the maintainer of the Squid ports
definition for your OS.