Re: [squid-users] can a redirector do this?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:04:17 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Brett Lymn wrote:

> their redirector was seeing the https requests. So, can a redirector
> rewrite a https request to go to a http server? Would squid ignore the
> redirect and just go to the https server anyway?

In theory it should be able to send a browser redirect, but I am not sure
if either Squid or the clients supports this..

It should be possible to redirect to another https server specifically
designed to return the block page no matter what the client requests, but
not without a browser warning about the certificate name due to the nature
of SSL.

Reards
Henrik