[squid-users] Show a message -- then redirect

From: paul kölle <paul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:42:51 +0100

Hi folks,

What I'd like to do is show a message (html page?) to certain users for
a few seconds, then proxy the request normally. Since I haven't found a
hook for this in squid I tried to make it possible with a simple proxy
written in python. Now I have a problem with tranparent proxying. My
proxy doesn't receive the full path of the request (just the part after
the hostname) when the request is REDIRECTed with iptables (if I
configure the proxy in the client it works well). What I'd like to know:

1. Can I do the above with squid?
2. What is special about transparent proxying I have to implement in my
own proxy?

thanks
  Paul