[squid-users] Re: Show a message -- then redirect

From: paul kölle <paul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:08:25 +0100

Hendrik, thanks for your reply.

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, [ISO-8859-1] paul kölle wrote:
>> 2. What is special about transparent proxying I have to implement in
>> my own proxy?
>

> Interception proxying requires you to act as if you were the web server,
> so you must reconstruct the full URL from the pieces found in the
> request and connection
>
> In principle the data you have are:
>
> * Real destination IP address from the connection
> * URL-Path from the request method
> * Requested hostname from the Host header if there is one.
The odd thing is, the URL-Path seems different if I use REDIRECT and do
not configure the client (I'm not getting
http://server.tld/path/mysite.html, just /path/mysite.html) but this
could be an issue specific to the python implementation of the request
handler. I just wanted to know if there is some special "magic" involved
in transparent proxying I have to take into account. I'll better ask
this on comp.lang.python though.

thanks again
  Paul