RE: [squid-users] Problem with FTP upload through squid : truncat ed files

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:48:01 -0900

This does seem to be a function of the interaction between Squid, Mozilla
and the ftp service. If I use ftp://username@site.domain without proxy I am
prompted for a password, and can log in. If I try the same with proxy
(either Squid2.5Stable7 -> Squid2.5Stable4 -> Squid2.5Stable3 (local proxy,
cache parent, cache parent) or just the Squid2.5Stable7 proxy), I don't get
prompted for a password, and see the error:

An FTP authentication failure occurred while trying to retrieve the URL:
ftp://username@site.domain/

Squid sent the following FTP command:

PASS <yourpassword>

and then received this reply