Re: [squid-users] M ULTI UPLINK CACHE

From: H Matik <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:42:40 -0200

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 10:43, RAHUL T. KARTHA wrote:
> HAS ANY ONE HERE TRIED TO DOA MULTI UPLINK CACHE I.E

if you are interested in this we do have several ISPs running this but look

first, what and how much internal networks you run does not matter at this
stage

if you are running BGP you do it at router level and you can use one front-end
cache

if you are running some load-balance with Cisco-CEF or similar you do it also
at router level and can use one front-end cache

if you are otherwise "pseudo-multi-homed" as lots of people do with one
IP-link and another or several ADSL where you need NAT you better put one
cache for each link and a chield as main cache for your network. You can then
use parent weight or some policy routing on OS-Level to get what you want and
with some good ideas you get a certain balance and even redundance since
squid do not query a dead parent if you configure it right.

We tried linux iproute2 and policy routing on BSD for single caches but the
performance of the former example is really better, BTW both gave bad results
when one link died and even stopped to serve correctly, but sure depends of
what you want and how much you can spend in this (weak and watch time ;) and
money)

Hans

Mensagens não assinadas com GPG não são minhas.
Messages without GPG signature are not from me.