RE: [squid-users] configure: error: ls -t appears to fail

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:03:19 -0900

When you mention recent versions of ls, what version are you specifically
working with? I've compiled squid 2.5STABLE7 on a box with ls version 4.1
(on a Cobalt Qube based on RedHat 6.2), version 4.5.3 (on RedHat 9) and
version 5.2.1 (on Fedora Core 3) all without the issue that you mention.
Coreutils (http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/coreutils/) is currently at version
5.2.1, so I imagine that this indicates the current version of ls.

This obviously doesn't help your situation in and of itself, but it might
lead you to look to another area for the cause of this error message.
*shrug*

Chris