Re: [squid-users] configure: error: ls -t appears to fail

From: Sam Halliday <fommil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:16:48 +0000

Chris Robertson wrote:
> This obviously doesn't help your situation in and of itself, but it might
> lead you to look to another area for the cause of this error message.
> *shrug*

i am using coreutils 5.2.1

the problem *is* with autoconf and newer versions of GNU ls, it is a very well
known bug and appears on every other configure script generated with that
version of autoconf. my personal workaround is to apply a patch to configure
to remove the "sanity check" as it is clearly broken.

cheers,
Sam

--
Free High School Science Texts