[squid-users] Re: Synchronising Squid with NT Domains

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:24:27 -0500

Jason Ide wrote:

> I have squid working with a mixed w2k and NT domain and users are
> authenticating well. Except for when we create a new NT groups or change
> users in the groups, squid will not recognise the new groups or changes.
>
> I have synchronised the domains, restarted samba, winbind and squid but to
> no good
>
> How can I get squid to see the changes to the windows domains

The group helpers have a ttl setting that will determine how long they will
cache the results of a group lookup. Once that period expires, it should
detect the changes in your Windows domain group memberships.

Note that the ACLs used with the group helpers are explicitly configured to
use a particular group or list of groups when checking membership - if you
add a new group and do not update squid.conf, the group helpers will see
it, but Squid will not use it as part of its access controls.

Post your full squid.conf (without comments or blank lines), and give more
detail (perhaps a single concrete example) about the behavior you are
observing.

Adam