[squid-users] Re: redirect squid to a authenticated proxy in windows

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:10:22 -0500

santos_fo wrote:

> I'm Interested in use as a part of my Network a Transparent Proxy
> using squid and CISCO router . The problem is that I need redirect
> squid to a authenticated proxy in windows.

So you want the router to transparently redirect requests to Squid, and
Squid to send all requests through a Windows proxy that requires
authentication?

IIRC, this can be done. See the cache_peer directive in squid.conf - there
are options that allow for sending of authentication credentials to the
parent proxy.

Note that a single credential set would be used for all the clients, because
Squid is operating as a transparent proxy and cannot get any authentication
information from the clients.

Adam