Re: [squid-users] question on external_acl_type

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:33:45 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Norio Korekawa wrote:

> external_acl_type myacltype %LOGIN %SRC %DST %{Referer} %{User-Agent} /usr/lib/squid/myaclhelper.pl
> acl myacl external myacltype

> It seems that myaclhelper.pl is called by squid, every time new URL
> is accessed, but is this correct action?

To be precise the helper is called for every new unique combination of the
arguments

    %LOGIN %SRC %DST %{Referer} %{User-Agent}

As you include Referer this means that the helper will be called pretty
much for every unique link your users click on or otherwise implicitly
accesses (including each inlined objects) during the ttl.

The helper is called for every unique combination of the arguments sent to
it.

so it's not exacly each link.. but I think you get the picture if you look
at the arguments

If you limit yourself to not sent %{Referer} then the helper will be
called for every unique site each user visits, or twice if the user uses
two different web browsers.

> I think my squid.conf has some problems, but I don't know what they are...

More likely a slight misunderstanding on how the external_acl helpers
work, or what is included in the Referer and/or User-Agent HTTP headers.