[squid-users] rotate log hang OSX

From: Jeff Donovan <donovan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:48:47 -0500

greetings
I have been running Squid 2.5Stable7 w/SquidGuard on an OSX server
10.3.7 as a transparent proxy.
System works very well and is very stable, until i execute the squid -k
rotate command. the logs rotate, then i get a full system freeze. HTTP
packets stop passing, all other packets continue to pass.

I have read about linux problems when compiled with Asyc-io, Not sure
if the darwin build has the same problem. But i did compile with
Async-IO.
i have tried clearing my redirect statement, then rotate; hangs
restart system, restart squid 'squid -sCd1', then rotate ( actually
rotates log then hangs ).

tried manual rotate of logs via cron, with various " which comes firsts
" still hang. I suspect i may have to recompile.

any suggestions ?

thanks

jeff donovan
basd network operations