Re: [squid-users] question on external_acl_type

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:12:51 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Norio Korekawa wrote:

> Sorry, but just one more comment.
>
> Well, I just want to use different ERR_ pages for user_auth_acl and
> myacl by deny_info, say, ERR_USER_AUTH_FAILED for user_auth_acl and
> ERR_MYACL_FAILED for myacl.

Then just do so ;-)

> In case 1. below, squid shows ERR_USER_AUTH_FAILED for user_auth_acl,
> however it shows not ERR_MYACL_FAILED but just ERR_ACCESS_DENIED for myacl...

This is because you never deny requests by "myacl". Only "user_auth_acl"
(by not being authenticated yet) or the "all" acl when falling thru to the
"deny all" line.

deny_info works by the acl which was active then the request was denied,
which makes it match two kinds of acls:

a) The last acl on an http_access deny line

b) An authentication related acl when the user is not yet authenticated as
this implicitly denies access to request the user to log in.