Re: [squid-users] auth questions / help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:24:52 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 sc2@gmx.at wrote:

> i did read the squid docu and google but it doesnt work.
> i use squid and have activate the webmin auth /etc/webmin/squid/squid-auth.pl
> with commandline
> auth_params (or so) basic programm ......pl /etc/webmin/squid/users.
> but i did never get a "question" like "username/passowrd"
> which setting i must set too?

The Squid FAQ has a whole chapter on authentication, including detailed
descriptions of how it works and several working examples.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html

In addition I would recommend reading the chapter on access controls as
the two are closely related

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html