RE: [squid-users] Reverse proxy redirector

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:20:00 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Brad Taylor wrote:

> For some reason it is not. It is changing the http to https but
> changing the rest to what ever the value of httpd_accel in the
> squid.conf file. When ever I change that value I get redirected to the
> changed value which is the back end server and bypasses the proxy. Any
> ideas on what I could try?

If your squid.conf is set up to accelerate using internally URLs pointing
directly to the backend server then this is what the redirector will see.

You then have two options

a) Clean up your reverse proxy setup to not use the backend server
address. See numerous posts on the subject mentioning /etc/hosts etc..

b) Modify the redirector to rewrite back to the public URL when sending
the redirect.