Re: [squid-users] cluster solution

From: H Matik <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:31:02 -0200

On Saturday 05 February 2005 15:24, Askar wrote:
> hi list
> what is the best clustering solution for squid cache servers ?
>
> LVS ?
>
> LVS tunneling or routing.

do you serve users or serv content with your cache? What OS you wnat to use?

And may be you have some more details, links, bandwidth, size, disks, servers
in numbers ? And what is your priority? Performance, link problemas, server
problems? What do you wnat to get out of this?

lvs (I may be wrong) is probably only a load balancer but not the cluster and
probably thought for serving content but not users (access users)

Load balance you can probably achieve easier and cheaper (depending on your
project size) using only squid on several servers for different content types
but may be you answer first my first question

Hans

> we are thinking about this http://dragon.linux-vs.org/~dragonfly/
> solution based on LVS
>
> however im will be kinda glad to get some advices from gurus over here :)
>

> regards

Infomatik
(18)8112.7007
http://info.matik.com.br
Mensagens não assinadas com GPG não são minhas.
Messages without GPG signature are not from me.