Re: [squid-users] cluster solution

From: Askar <askar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:06:58 +0500

H Matik wrote:

>On Saturday 05 February 2005 15:24, Askar wrote:
>

>>hi list
>>what is the best clustering solution for squid cache servers ?
>>
>>LVS ?
>>
>>LVS tunneling or routing.
>>

>do you serve users or serv content with your cache? What OS you wnat to use?
>
>And may be you have some more details, links, bandwidth, size, disks, servers

we serv http port 80 via cache, that is "transparent caches" serving web
pages to our clients.
current we have three cache/proxy server running squid OS FC2,

>in numbers ? And what is your priority? Performance, link problemas, server
>problems? What do you wnat to get out of this?

we want to implement load balancer to over come link problem, and
ofcourse to achieve good performance

>lvs (I may be wrong) is probably only a load balancer but not the cluster and
>probably thought for serving content but not users (access users)

yep lvs is load balancer, with one computer working as FE (front end)
and real servers in back ends. lvs is what ppl suggested to me.

>Load balance you can probably achieve easier and cheaper (depending on your
>project size) using only squid on several servers for different content types
>but may be you answer first my first question

I didn't get this? at the movement our caches servers are just
configured for http port 80 tranparently however we are sending traffic
from our gateway to caches via iproute2 + iptables (mark)

>Hans

regards