Re: [squid-users] Problem with applet files embedded within html???

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 09:32:59 +0100

Hi,

At 09.13 06/02/2005, Glenn Baptista wrote:

>Hi Guido,
>
>Does this mean that authentication support must be built into the
>applet? If we do build this in, we still need to load the applet first
>before executing it, and this is what is being prevented, or is there a
>way around this?

The main problem is that the Sun JVM and the browser doesn't share
authentication info (I don't know if in the latest 5.0 something is
changed), so when using a proxy, the applet should pop-up again for user
authentication (if the JVM supports the used authentication schema).
Sometimes I have found some Java applets that never pop-ups for user
authentication and simply fail ....

I'm not a Java developer, so, I can't help you on the Java side. On the
Squid side, you can allow unauthenticated JVM http requests, see the thread
of my previous message.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/