[squid-users] Squid + Windowsupdate Problem

From: Christian Antkow <xian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:16:12 -0600

  Greetings,

  We have been unable to get Windowsupdate working in our environment
for quite some time now, and solutions I have seen posted on-line do
not seem to work for us.

  We have implemented a SUS server on our internal network segment,
which works fine, but the public network segment cannot get updates due
to timeout issues.

  I have added ACL's to deny caching to .microsoft.com, but it does not
appear to make any difference.

  I have blocked outgoing port 80, forcing everyone on our network to go
through the proxy.

  If I open up outgoing port 80 on the firewall for a particular IP, the
IP can hit windowsupdate just fine. As soon as it goes through the
proxy, it times out.

  Any ideas ?

  Regards,

  -Xian