Re: [squid-users] external acl and squids

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:24:23 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Lasse Laursen wrote:

> Thanks for your response. So the squid server simply caches the response from
> the external program internally based on the variables sent to the program?
> So next time it will check the user it simple does a lookup in its own cache
> based on the 3 values and returns a cached response?

Correct.

I am working on an extension to allow the helper to specify that certain
arguments was not relevant to the decision, but this is not yet quite
finished. See http://devel.squid-cache.org/ for more info. This has been
used to implement ident based client station authentication and a few
other schemes.