Re: [squid-users] Squid eating 100% CPU

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:04:46 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> * Elsen Marc <elsen@imec.be>:
>>
>>> I will file a Debian Bug report right away.
>>
>> Ok, don't know so much about Debian, but this was/is a native
>> squid issue.
>
> Indeed, but the Debian maintainer should be made aware of that and include
> the patch into his package.

Well, I can't speed for Debian but it is not a security issue, and Squid
still performs the way it should just wasting a bit of elictricity in
making the CPU run around in circles while there is nothing to do due to
the half-closed PUT/POST confusing Squid into thinking there continously
is a new request to read from the client.

In addition using "half_closed_clients off" works around the problem
nicely, and is something I generally recommend using anyway as it solves a
lot of other problems for which there is no other way of solving them..