[squid-users] Increasing the File Descriptors

From: Ray Charles <raycharles_man@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:18:57 -0800 (PST)

I am getting errors about running out of FD and I
checked d the FAQ and found a couple pointers for
doing a ulimit before running ./config and editing the
/usr/include/bit/types.h file. I just wanted to ask
if I should also increase the FD_SETSIZE ?? Probably
not, but here is that part of ./config's output.

checking Default FD_SETSIZE value... 1024
checking Maximum number of filedescriptors we can
open... 16384

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question but....
What caching situation calls for a bigger FD_SIZE ??

Thanks-
Ray