RE: [squid-users] Can't see usernames in logs after enabling NTLM

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:00:42 -0900

That would allow unauthenticated surfing for computers in the SURFING IP
range and for any computers on "mynetwork" accessing "allowedsites". Once
someone not in the SURFING IP range (but in "mynetwork") tries to access a
site that is not on the allowedsites list, authentication will be requested,
and the AuthGroup will be checked. Dependant on the outcome of *that* test,
either the request will be allowed or denied.

In short, I think you've nailed it.

Chris