Re: [squid-users] Slow file download / read_timeout

From: Russ Uhte <russlists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:05:38 -0500

adame780@bellsouth.net wrote:
> Checked the duplex and both were auto. Set both to full and still have the same problem. (HP server w/Intel NIC, Cisco switch).

Actually, the new Cisco recommendation is to make sure that all devices
that can autonegotiate are setup to autonegatiate. Hard coding
speed/duplex is now considered obsolete and should only be used in very
rare circumstances, or with older hardware/drivers. There is actually a
Cisco bug ID on this, but I can't seem to find it right now. I also
seem to remember that this bug stated that 100/Half was the most
compatible if you did have to set them, but don't quote me on that part.

-Russ Uhte, CCNP

---