[squid-users] chapasswd.cgi :"Wrong password for user: user_name"

From: thomas <thomas.xavier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:36:44 +0530

Dear All
I have compiled and installed the chpasswd.cgi 1.9.1.
I am getting the web page (-"http://10.10.10.1/cgi-bin/chpasswd.cgi)
to change the password of a squid user placed in
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd.
But all the time we are getting error "Wrong password for user:
user_name" for a valid user created by htpasswd.
If i am giving a user_name not created thru htpasswd, it say - "User:
not found". Menas it chpasswd.cgi is able to read the
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd.

For time being I have changed the permission of file as 777 just to
overcome the permission problem. Still problem exist.
It seems something has to be changed in chpasswd.c. A
Any help is appreciated.