Re: [squid-users] Re: Abnormal End (Squid 2.5S8)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:13:28 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, M A Young wrote:

> I suggest you make sure you have applied the post 2.5S8 major patch for
> odd DNS responses. This supposedly affects earlier versions of squid as
> well, but it seems to cause us many more crashes when we moved from 2.5S7
> to 2.5S8RC3 which have stopped now we have applied this patch.

There was also many other segfault errors corrected between RC3 and
STABLE8 so it's hard to tell which of the bugs was causing your problems
without having a backtrace of the segfault, but yes, the DNS patch is good
to have.

We are currentply preparing a 2.5.STABLE9 release which is why 2.5.STABLE8
has not yet been announced.