Re: [squid-users] squid + winbind weird behavior

From: Paulo Pires <paulo.pires@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:52:22 +0000

"

winbind privileged pipe permissions (Samba-3.X)

ntlm_auth requires access to the privileged winbind pipe in order to
function properly. You enable this access by changing group of the
winbind_privileged directory to the group you run Squid as
(cache_effective_group setting in squid.conf).

chgrp squid /path/to/winbind_privileged

"

I've added squid group, added user nobody into it and put it in my
squid.conf. But as you can see below, there's only read perms for squid
group, so the error is still there.

 4 drwxr-s--- 2 root squid 4096 2005-02-17 14:15 winbindd_privileged

I don't know how the hell this worked for others, since other users from
squid will only have read access to the dir, when they should have
execute permissions too.

Anyways, thanks for the answer.
Paulo Pires