[squid-users] run squid without install

From: johon Doe <johond@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:32:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I downloaded the stable7 version of squid, after
that I pathed the sources with xff patch. Now I have
the old squid running over a production machine. I'd
like to try the new squid to check if it works, but I
dont want reinstall it and rewrite the old, so can I
try the latest build without install it ?

Something like
# ./src/squid -f /newconfigfile/squid.conf
and I change the binding port in the config file..
could it works ?

Greetings Luigi.